Tod is by far my favorite character in the Soul Screamer Series; he is funny and selfless and an all around great guy - even if he is technically dead. So when we were offered the chance to interview him for this blog tour, I was beyond ecstatic. Hope you enjoy getting to know a little bit more about the reaper.
Some of our questions could possibly be spoilerish - so read at your own risk!
For anyone who hasn't read the series can you give us a little info about yourself?I'm dead. Not the walking dead (no rotting parts). Not the living dead (no light allergy or blood-sucking). I died the week before I turned eighteen and was recruited by the reapers, so now I reap souls from the dead for all of eternity. It sucks.
Was it love at first sight or did your feelings for Kaylee grow over time?Who said I love Kaylee? What, a guy can't drop in on his brother and that brother's girlfriend with precision timing every now and then without people dropping the L-word?
What do you mean, I sound defensive?
What are your thoughts on this YA crush tourney thing? Obviously, you should have won - but some girls are blinded by accents.I only care about one girl's opinion of me. But I can't blame the others for their interest. I like me too.
Do you read in your free time and if so what book/books would you recommend?I like Thomas Hardy. Dickens. Stephen King. And Eminem. What? The man's a poet.
Apricot Jam? Is this store bought or a family recipe- if it's a recipe would you mind sharing?Apricot Jam is available in limited quantities, to a select clientele. Many will enter. Few will win.
Knowing what you know now- would you change anything?I'd go with the Skullcandy over the Sony earbuds. They fit better and they have little skulls on them. Sets the proper mood for a little soul reaping.
Oh, you were serious?
I would not change the results of anything I've done. But I might change the methods. Forever is a long time to live with your decisions.
Favorite pizza topping?Pineapple.
Favorite thing about Kaylee?She's fearless. Even when she's terrified.
Biggest regret?I'd tell you. But then I'd have to reap your soul, dispose of the body, hide the evidence, live with the guilt, and keep a secret for all of eternity. It's a lot easier for us both if I just give you a mischievous grin and let you ponder the possibilities while you stare at me. 'Cause we both know you're staring.
Favorite movie?Anything predictable enough that it doesn't require the full attention of…whoever I'm watching it with. I like to multi-task.
We are giving away 2 copies(1-signed) of If I Die to 1 winner - 1 for you and 1 to share. To enter stop by the Soul Screamers Fan Book Page and answer one of the following questions -
- If you could spend the day with Tod, what would you want to do? (fans who've read the series already)
- What do you think it must be like to be a Reaper? Would you want to be one?? (newer fans)
Your chance to win a Nook Touch! US/Canada only. Runs until October 8th. Gather multiple entries:
- Follow Rachel Vincent on twitter +3
- “Like” Rachel Vincent on Facebook +3
- “Like” The Soul Screamers on Facebook +3
- Sign up for Rachel’s email subscription to get all the latest news from Rachel’s blog +3
- Promote the tour by adding the badge to your blog and link back to the tour page + 5
- Add up your entries and fill out the form to be entered to win.
Leave a comment on this blog +1 (up to 10 points if you comment at each tour stop)
- Monday, September 19th - The Story Siren
- Wednesday, September 21st - Chasing Words
- Friday, September 23rd - The Page Turners
- Monday, September 26th - The Elliot Review
- Tuesday, September 27th Book Birthday - Mundie Mom's
- Wednesday, September 28th - Harlequin Blog
- Friday, September 30th - IB Book Blogging
- Monday, October 3rd - Electrifying Reviews
- Wednesday, October 5th - A Cupcake and A Latte (YA Reads, Reviews & more)
- Friday, October 7th- Teens Read and Write