Today our question for our friends who have attended Dragon Con is
How do you describe Dragon Con to your friends?
- A gathering of passionate nerds with something for everyone ~ Andrea
- Absolute madness. Fangirling experience to the extreme. Even though twitter is a great way to discuss fandoms, there’s something truly uncomparable about being in a room with literally thousands of people are just as passionate about something as you are. It’s inspiring. ~ Allison
- I call it the "Southeast's biggest all-purpose nerd con" Everything from literature and movies to comics, anime and games. ~ Sam
I always think it's fun to listen to how conventions are explained. Many of the bookish people I know all tend to travel in the same circles, and we develop a common language. So to explain the events we're going to on the weekend to co-workers or non "fangirl/boys" in our lives, it can be a bit of an entertaining conversation with lots of weird looks. But i think my three friends have done a good job of explaining it.
Catch all five Get to Know Dragon Con Qs!
About the group:
- Sam is a PTB contributor. He group up in the Atlanta area and flies back every year he can to attend Dragon Con. He's a big manga fan and loves to game.
- Andrea runs the blog readinglark.blogspot.com, a YA book blog. She lives in the Atlanta and is a frequent Dragon Con attendee.
- Allison is a big YA fan and co hosts the podcast alltheflails.podbean.com. SShe also lives in the Atlanta area and last year was her first Dragon Con.